In a statement, the property and casualty insurer said it made a
The cost of severe and persistent weather in the period was
FBD also said that premiums in the Irish insurance market stabilised during the period following eleven consecutive years of decline.
"While the market remains very competitive, rates have continued to harden for both car insurance and business insurance," FBD said in a statement.
FBD increased gross written premium by 5.1% to
FBD increased its interim dividend to
In June, FBD was forced to cut its guidance for the full-year 2014 operating earnings per share to a range of between 70 and
FBD shares were Tuesday quoted down 0.7% at
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison