EQUITY Bank Tanzania, on Monday unveiled its latest innovation dubbed EAZZY 24/7, mobile phone banking platform that allows the Bank's customers to access banking services using their mobile phone.
He said the services are accessible through
The fresh innovation that we have launched is in line with our commitment to make banking services accessible and affordable for our people. The cost effective and adaptable service is expected to bring in more people into the formal banking system.
"Taking banking services closer to the people has been a challenge for banks and Eazzy 24/7 will help reduce transaction costs and greatly improve the payment system," he said.
"The mobile phone boom has laid down a strong base for low cost banking and the growth of mobile phone solutions in rural
The introduction of this service means that
The enhanced solution allows over 9 million
The core-banking system has continued to support the Bank's efforts to roll out offerings faster, explore new lines of business such as mobile banking and deliver a superior banking experience to its customers.
"The Bank has continually strengthened its business model through innovation, enhanced use of technology and automation all geared towards providing customers with optimum and efficient experiences.
"We are also a one stop international payment gateway. You have just witnessed some
The launch went parallel with
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8