The shoe-store chain's adjusted profit and revenue beat analysts' estimates, and it raised its full-year adjusted earnings forecast.
The stock surged in afternoon trading.
Excluding certain items, earnings were
That topped the average estimate of analysts surveyed by
Operating expenses declined to
Revenue increased to
Sales at stores open at least a year rose 0.8 percent. This metric is a key indicator of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Shares of DSW gained
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'