The shoe-store chain's adjusted profit and revenue beat analysts' estimates, and it raised its full-year adjusted earnings forecast.
The stock surged in afternoon trading.
Excluding certain items, earnings were
That topped the average estimate of analysts surveyed by
Operating expenses declined to
Revenue increased to
Sales at stores open at least a year rose 0.8 percent. This metric is a key indicator of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Shares of DSW gained
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say