This U.S. Patent No. 6,612,985 is entitled “Method and System for Monitoring and Treating a Patient”. It covers a method, a system and a computer processor, each focused on tracking compliance with caregivers’ treatment guidelines for home patients. This compliance is based on a patient’s current assessment of diagnosed conditions and on data about each of the diagnosed conditions from the remotely located patient.
"We are very pleased to have licensed this breakthrough technology to enhance, protect and support VitalPoint® HOME, our home telemonitoring system, a state-of the-art solution that has provided exceptional value to our customers for years," says
VitalPoint® Home is a breakthrough remote patient monitoring system which has been displacing the competition due to its high patient compliance, its ease of use, connectivity, unmatched features and price point. It is a critical tool to reduce or even eliminate hospital readmissions.
Just one small VitalPoint® Home monitor is able to measure blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, pulse rate, weight, glucose level, prothrombin time and ratios, temperature, fluid status, and provide electrocardiogram data, and even allows live audio video streaming between caregivers and their patients.
The monitor also provides the caregiver with the ability to remotely monitor patients’ conditions or alerts using their own computer, IPad, tablets, or smart phone.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say