The S&P 500 index rose 2.10 points, or 0.1 per cent, to close at a record 2,000.02 after rising as high as 2,005.04.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 29.83, or 0.2 per cent, to 17,106.70, while the Nasdaq composite index rose 13.29, or 0.3 per cent, to 4570.64.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor