A small device using commercial hardware and satellite networking can provide soldiers with real-time position location and communications. The enhanced mobile satellite system (EMSS) beacon and a position location information (PLI)-based tracking device were placed on a maneuver platoon to give near real-time position and location of personnel and assets as part of the
About the size of a hockey puck, the technology can be integrated with the
The system was developed by
In 2013, Iridium received a
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore