Big players, big potential—big challenges?
“Based on the results of our survey, there is clearly a lot of confusion over this nascent category, which is not too unusual given its relative newness,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of JPR. “However, interest in the ability to collaborate and work anywhere at any time on any machine with a full database is enormous.”
Leveraging Virtualization for Any Size Business
Virtualization is becoming commonplace in the enterprise, as large companies optimize and manage their resources but there are more benefits to be realized from using Remote Graphics and Virtualization for high-end computing. Professionals in a wide range of companies can now take advantage of virtualization techniques for specialized tasks such as engineering, design, analysis, rendering.
Additionally, IT professionals would like to extend their resources to enable their users to access more resources when needed. But, in many cases, there’s a great deal of uncertainty about how best to take advantage of new technology. As JPR’s survey has indicated people are not sure what they can do, and they don’t know where to start.
JPR’s Conference will provide an overview of virtualization options, hands-on explanations from experienced users and detailed descriptions of the products and configurations available for different work flows. In addition the conference will also take a look down the road to describe what’s happening in the future, and how best to evaluate new technology and prepare for implementation.
Dr. Jon Peddie has been active in the graphics and multimedia fields for more than 30 years.
Editorial Note: Media interested in attending the event may contact
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Toyota Camry: Designed in Michigan
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- US Tallying, Targeting IS Funding Sources
- Market on Track for Best Week in 2 Years