Kite said 12 of 13 patients treated in an early-stage study of the drug had either complete or partial remission of the disease after taking its treatment, labeled KTE-C19. The drug aims to genetically modify patient cells to help fight lymphoma and leukemia cells.
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a type of cancer that affects white blood cells.
In the trial conducted by the surgery branch of the
Results have been published in the
Shares rose more than 18 percent, or
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas