Kite said 12 of 13 patients treated in an early-stage study of the drug had either complete or partial remission of the disease after taking its treatment, labeled KTE-C19. The drug aims to genetically modify patient cells to help fight lymphoma and leukemia cells.
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a type of cancer that affects white blood cells.
In the trial conducted by the surgery branch of the
Results have been published in the
Shares rose more than 18 percent, or
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms