The rating affirmations reflect Dorinco’s continued strong operating performance, balanced risk profile and strong risk-adjusted capitalization. The ratings also consider Dorinco’s strategic importance within the Dow organization and Dorinco’s successful mitigation of Dow’s worldwide, long-tail and volatile risks through its short-tailed uncorrelated third-party reinsurance business.
Partially offsetting these positive rating factors is Dorinco’s limited profile in the reinsurance market, which is a function of its hybrid captive nature. Another offsetting factor is Dorinco’s exposure to Dow’s risks, many of which are worldwide and long tail in nature.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Senior Financial Analyst
Manager, Public Relations
Assistant Vice President
Assistant Vice President, Public Relations
Most Popular Stories
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Trump Plaza Folds in Atlantic City
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year