The Dow Jones industrial average rose 64 points, or 0.4 percent, to 17,064 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,996. The Nasdaq composite index rose 26 points, or 0.6 percent, to 4,564.
European markets also rose. The DAX in
Bond prices were little changed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held at 2.40 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists