Positive European markets amid hopes of fresh stimulus from the
Investors, while watching for news from
Gold and energy stocks are likely to turn in a mixed performance, tracking sluggish commodity prices.
On Friday, the S&P/TSX Composite Index ended down 20.54 points or 0.13% at 15,535.55. However, for the week, the index gained about 1.5%.
In corporate news, restaurant chain
In commodities, crude oil futures for October are up marginally at
Natural gas for October is up
Gold futures for December are down
Silver for December is up
European markets are currently trading higher amid hopes of the ECB will roll out more monetary stimulus to counter deflationary risks.
Speaking at the Jacksone Hole Symposium last Friday,
In the symposium, the US Federal Reserve Chair
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery