Saudi stocks appeared to be a little volatile on Monday as trading range of Tadawul All-Share Index expanded over 250 points.
Despite an upward jump (+148 points) after the opening bell, the TASI finished with a surprise decline of 0.55 percent on Monday.
Micro Cap index performed worst, trimming 2.45 percent for the day. Fourteen out of Tadawul's 15 sectors witnessed a negative change, paring an aggregate of 1,406 points. Only Cement sector closed the day higher, gaining five points merely.
Insurance suffered worst of all sectors, shedding over three percent to 1,435.84. Tourism,
The total number of falling stocks exceeded the total number of rising stocks by a huge margin of 134 to 19.
On the positive side,
Most of the trading was concentrated in
Investors participation remained healthy, specifically 518 million shares changed hands in the market, a significant 126 percent growth over the 50-day average. Roughly SR16 billion poured into the market, an increase of 101.5 percent over the 50-day average level.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million