Saudi stocks appeared to be a little volatile on Monday as trading range of Tadawul All-Share Index expanded over 250 points.
Despite an upward jump (+148 points) after the opening bell, the TASI finished with a surprise decline of 0.55 percent on Monday.
Micro Cap index performed worst, trimming 2.45 percent for the day. Fourteen out of Tadawul's 15 sectors witnessed a negative change, paring an aggregate of 1,406 points. Only Cement sector closed the day higher, gaining five points merely.
Insurance suffered worst of all sectors, shedding over three percent to 1,435.84. Tourism,
The total number of falling stocks exceeded the total number of rising stocks by a huge margin of 134 to 19.
On the positive side,
Most of the trading was concentrated in
Investors participation remained healthy, specifically 518 million shares changed hands in the market, a significant 126 percent growth over the 50-day average. Roughly SR16 billion poured into the market, an increase of 101.5 percent over the 50-day average level.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry