The ECB is willing to inject considerably more cash into the system if needed to keep low rates of inflation from taking hold, Draghi told other central bankers at the Federal Reserve's annual meeting in Jackson Hole Friday evening.
The shift in Draghi's tone propelled European shares sharply higher this morning.
In corporate news,
Swiss drug maker
Aerospace and defense giant
Crude oil futures for October delivery are up
Gold futures for December are down
US new-home sales figures for July are slated for release at
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore