The attack, which started on Sunday, took down
A Twitter user with the handle @LizardSquad claimed responsibility for the attack and said that it was meant to pressure
The user made a bomb threat against a
Lizard Squad said it had also targeted the servers of World of Warcraft video game maker Blizzard, whose website was taken down. It also threatened to attack Microsoft Xbox Live network, which reported limited operation yesterday evening for users of its online gaming service.
"We're working alongside our partner to get these issues fixed ASAP! We'll keep you posted when we have more information. In the meantime, thanks for staying patient," said Xbox on its status blog.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season