The attack, which started on Sunday, took down
A Twitter user with the handle @LizardSquad claimed responsibility for the attack and said that it was meant to pressure
The user made a bomb threat against a
Lizard Squad said it had also targeted the servers of World of Warcraft video game maker Blizzard, whose website was taken down. It also threatened to attack Microsoft Xbox Live network, which reported limited operation yesterday evening for users of its online gaming service.
"We're working alongside our partner to get these issues fixed ASAP! We'll keep you posted when we have more information. In the meantime, thanks for staying patient," said Xbox on its status blog.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release