ENP Newswire -
Release date- 22082014 - In January-through-July period 2014, the Ukrainian banking sector's performance was affected by losses incurred by the banks that have been declared insolvent and placed under provisional administration by the
Armed hostilities and temporary disruptions in the operation of financial institutions in
In view of the above, the banking sector reported losses of UAH 2.0 billion in the first seven months of 2014. Excluding losses incurred by the banks placed under provisional administration, the banking system's profit made UAH 3.2 billion.
In January-through-July period 2014, the income earned by the Ukrainian banks had surged by 30.8% y-o-y and reached UAH 121.4 billion, whereas their expenses had climbed by 35.7% y-o-y and amounted to UAH 123.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say