Some small scale industrialists on Friday urged the Central Bank of
They told the
They also urged the CBN to direct development banks like
According to him, the N220 billion lifeline to Micro,
"This time around, we hope that the SMEs will benefit from the development fund because in the past only big firms benefited from the N200 billion bailout to the sector.
"The effort of the Federal Government is laudable but we want the CBN to release a comprehensive guideline or list of the financial institutions that are eligible to disburse the funds," Ubiji said.
Ubiji said that some of the association members who benefited from the earlier fund encountered herculean task in securing the loan.
He said that although some had repaid the loan, some were yet to meet their obligation due to the various challenges confronting the economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits