GTBank has a policy that gives shareholders dividends twice a year and the bank has been consistent with this policy of paying interim and final dividends. To this end, the board of directors of the bank recommended an interim dividend of N7.357 billion for shareholders in its half year results as at
The dividend, which will be paid on
The results showed that GTBank's gross earnings rose to N132.98 billion, from N124.20 billion in the corresponding period of 2013. Pre-tax profit dipped by 6.92 per cent from N57.4 billion to N53.39 billion while profit after tax declined to N44 billion.
However, the bank's loan book grew by 16 per cent from N899 billion to N1.04 trillion in
According to him, the second half of the 2014 financial year would be a stronger period during which the bank will make positive improvements in its market positions across its key products and business segments.
He said "a major objective for the bank this year is to offer our customers greater convenience and accessibility to our services using internet and mobile solutions and we have, to date achieved over a million downloads of our mobile banking app and experienced a 25 per cent increase in active internet banking users."
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s