Data from the Ifo institute showed that
The current conditions index dropped to 111.1 from 112.9 in July. The expected score for August was 112. The economic expectations index came in at 101.7 in August, down from 103.4 in July. The index was expected to fall to 102.
The currency was under pressure after dovish comments from the
The euro fell to nearly a 2-week low of 0.7957 against the pound and a 1-week low of 1.2086 against the Swiss franc, from early highs of 0.7978 and 1.2106, respectively. If the euro extends its downtrend, it is likley to find support around 0.78 against the pound and 1.207 against the franc.
The euro, which closed last week's deals at 1.3238 against the US dollar, dropped to nearly a 1-year low of 1.3183. This may be compared to an early high of 1.3207. The euro may test support near the 1.315 region.
Against the yen, the euro slipped to a 5-day low of 137.17 from an early high of 137.66. At last week's close, the euro was trading at 137.54 against the yen. Continuation of bearish trend may lead the euro to a support near the 136.64 mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists