A leading retail bank in
The Diamond Y'ello Account (DYA), which is run in partnership with mobile telecommunications giant, MTN Nigeria, is a hybrid account that offers the over 58 million MTN subscribers a fusion of financial services and telecoms incentives such as money transfer and withdrawal, account statements confirmation and airtime purchase among a host of available features and benefits.
Speaking at the launch of the account, GMD/CEO,
In the 14 years of mobile telephony in
He expressed confidence that the product will enable the bank to reach out to the millions of people who do not have a bank account, but are connected on the MTN network, which is the largest in
He further stated that the essence of the innovation was to make banking more accessible to Nigerians.
Otti said: "To open a Diamond Y'ello account, a customer only needs to have a registered MTN line and by dialing the short code *710#, the subscriber gets a full NUBAN account number delivered by SMS to his mobile phone within minutes."
The CEO of MTN Nigeria, Mike Ikpoki, disclosed that the Diamond Y'ello idea is driven by a commitment from the bank and MTN to ensure that technology is used to make life easier for people.
Lending his support to the partnership, Dr.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype