The center, which will enable GM to in-source the company s innovation capabilities and tap into a pool of new and experienced IT talent, joins innovation centers already operating in
GM s IT innovation centers are part of a companywide transformation to improve performance, reduce the cost of ongoing operations and increase its delivery of innovation. GM announced Chandler as the site of the company s fourth IT Innovation Center in
We have made significant progress transforming GM IT over the past 20 months, Mott said. The success of the Chandler Innovation Center is yet another important proof point that illustrates our progress.
GM expects to hire a total of 1,000 employees at the Chandler Innovation Center over the next five years. Approximately 500 employees are employed at the facility, about 25 percent of whom are recent college graduates.
"The official opening of the IT Innovation in Chandler and the creation of about 1,000 high-paying, skilled jobs is great news for the local economy, said
Said Tibshraeny: "GM is exactly the type of technology employer we need in Chandler and in our state. The GM Innovation Center is a perfect complement to Chandler's Price Corridor, and furthers the city's reputation as a regional hub for innovators and world-class IT professionals."
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations