Gully erosion is one of the environmental challenges facing the country. Just as desertification is threatening many places in some parts of the north and oil pollutions in the
Last year it was reported in the media that members of the
The situation elicited the attention of President
It is more than one year since the president made such a promise but the people are yet to know the position of the loan while many communities in the south-east wre at the risk of being submerge by gully erosion. Apart from the south-east geo-political zone, some communities in Edo State are also fighting hard to control the erosion in the area.
For several years, residents of Ankpa in Kogi State have been battling with the menace of gully erosion. Many people wondered why the ecological fund meant to tackle this problem has remained a subject of controversy while the local communities are facing danger of being submerged.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million