By then, the prospect of a pre-Christmas increase in interest rates had suddenly risen after it was revealed that two members of the Bank of
Anyway, the consumer prices index (CPI) fell to 1.6% from 1.9% in June, marking the seventh month in a row that annual inflation has registered below the Bank of
The larger-than-expected drop was driven mainly by greater summer price discounting among clothing retailers.
Still, City dealers now believe it is possible that rates could be lifted from their emergency level of 0.5% by the end of the year, as three years of unanimous 9-0 decisions at
Most Popular Stories
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Trump Plaza Folds in Atlantic City
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year