¦ BBC Proms in the Park
Veteran funk group Earth, Wind & Fire and Canadian crooner
¦ The Jane Austen festival
A packed schedule of events is in place for the 14th annual Jane Austen festival in Bath - once the author's home and the setting of her novels Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. It opens this year with a world record attempt at assembling the largest gathering of people dressed in Regency costumes, and the rest of the lineup is a whirl of author talks, balls and tours of stately homes.
Who knows - you may even meet a man of pounds 5,000 a year.
Responsible for some of the catchiest earworms of recent times - Happy, Daft Punk's Get Lucky and
The first major exhibition of British folk art, which is about to move on from
until 31 August; then transfers to Compton Verney,
27 September to
to him . . .
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million