¦ BBC Proms in the Park
Veteran funk group Earth, Wind & Fire and Canadian crooner
¦ The Jane Austen festival
A packed schedule of events is in place for the 14th annual Jane Austen festival in Bath - once the author's home and the setting of her novels Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. It opens this year with a world record attempt at assembling the largest gathering of people dressed in Regency costumes, and the rest of the lineup is a whirl of author talks, balls and tours of stately homes.
Who knows - you may even meet a man of pounds 5,000 a year.
Responsible for some of the catchiest earworms of recent times - Happy, Daft Punk's Get Lucky and
The first major exhibition of British folk art, which is about to move on from
until 31 August; then transfers to Compton Verney,
27 September to
to him . . .
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton