¦ BBC Proms in the Park
Veteran funk group Earth, Wind & Fire and Canadian crooner
¦ The Jane Austen festival
A packed schedule of events is in place for the 14th annual Jane Austen festival in Bath - once the author's home and the setting of her novels Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. It opens this year with a world record attempt at assembling the largest gathering of people dressed in Regency costumes, and the rest of the lineup is a whirl of author talks, balls and tours of stately homes.
Who knows - you may even meet a man of pounds 5,000 a year.
Responsible for some of the catchiest earworms of recent times - Happy, Daft Punk's Get Lucky and
The first major exhibition of British folk art, which is about to move on from
until 31 August; then transfers to Compton Verney,
27 September to
to him . . .
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market