One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was bitten by a 6-foot-long boa constrictor during rehearsals for the singer's performance of Anaconda at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The dancer, whose name wasn't reported, had the Dumeril's boa constrictor — named Rocky — wrapped around her shoulders as she danced and at one point the non-venomous snake bit her on the inside of her left arm,
The snake's handler, who was watching the rehearsal, immediately removed the snake from the stage and the dancer was treated by an on-site medic. The dancer was then transported to a local hospital in "an abundance of caution,"
"It is in no way life-threatening, but scary," Velvin added. "We wanted her to start getting treatment as soon as possible."
Rocky, who has had a 15-year-old career in the entertainment industry, will not be used for Sunday's VMA performance of Anaconda. Another boa or a python will be brought in instead.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'