Total U.S. annuity sales reached
In the first six months of 2014, total U.S. annuity sales increased 10 percent, compared with 2013.
"This is only the second time we have seen quarterly sales over
Total fixed annuity sales were
Sales of fixed rate deferred annuities (Book Value and MVA) grew 30 percent in the second quarter, compared with prior year. Fixed-rate deferred annuities reached
Index annuity sales grew 40 percent in the second quarter, setting a new quarterly record of
"With a record quarter of index annuity sales driven by product innovation and expansion of distribution, combined with nothing to indicate that sales will significantly drop in the near future, sales may be pushing
Indexed annuity guaranteed living benefits (GLBs) election rates continue to be strong, with 72 percent electing a GLB when available (four percentage points higher than in the first quarter).
Deferred income annuity (DIA) sales reached
Single premium immediate annuity sales were up 37 percent in the second quarter to reach a record-matching
Variable annuity sales fell five percent in the second quarter, totaling
Election rates for GLB riders, when available, were 78 percent in the second quarter of 2014.
The second quarter Annuities Industry Estimates can be found in the updated Data Bank. To view variable, fixed and total annuity sales over the past 10 years, please visit Annuity Sales 2004-2013. The 2014 top 20 rankings of total, variable and fixed annuity writers can be viewed at 2014 Top 20 Annuity Writers
[Category: Financial Services]
TNS 24HariCha-140823-30FurigayJane-4836708 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher