He criticized that forced fiscal consolidation is a financial absurdity because it makes stabilizing public finance impossible. Also, it throws Europeans into the arms of extremist parties, he said.
In the second quarter, the second largest Eurozone economy stagnated forcing the government to discard its 2014 deficit target.
France GDP would grow by only around 0.5% this year, suggesting that the public deficit would top 4% of GDP and miss its 3.8% target, Finance Minister
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think