Fitch also affirmed the 'A' rating for the approximately
"The revised outlook on the O'Hare bonds is a testament to the economic strength of
O'Hare is a major hub for two of the world's largest airlines - United and American, and is a major port of entry to the U.S. It is consistently ranked among the world's top five busiest airports, handling more than 67 million passengers and 883,000 aircraft operations in 2013.
Fitch's outlook elevation reflects steadying airport traffic trends and greater stability with
Another factor is the progress made by the City in keeping operational costs in line with forecasts and traffic volumes that were up 4.1 percent over the first six months of 2014.
More than 50 passenger carriers operate out of O'Hare, providing nonstop flights to over 140 cities in the U.S. and 65 international destinations.
CC AutoTriage6yd-140823-30FurigayJane-4837013 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples