That brings the total to 23 teams that are receiving grants, Lean Start-Up training and business mentoring to help them develop strategic business models for ideas and technologies generated at UW campuses. As they identify markets for ideas, CTC releases funds for business resources such as legal assistance, market analysis and consulting fees.
"There is no question that innovation is taking place at UW campuses throughout the state," Governor
"Ideadvance provides a forum for our UW entrepreneurs to explore ideas and overcome commercialization challenges," said
Progress among those first recipients has included more than 620 customers and industry interviews to reduce risks and hone in on the best market opportunities. Some already have early adopters and are testing their products.
UW System and WEDC in February launched the
Ideadvance is part of WEDC's efforts to expand collaboration with the UW System, business leaders and others throughout the state to remove the barriers to high-tech commercialization through its new Start-Seed-Scale (S3) initiative. Under the S3 umbrella, WEDC and its partners are implementing financial and operational assistance to address
The latest round of awardees includes four students, six faculty and one staff member. Those who complete this first stage of Ideadvance activities will be eligible for stage two funding starting in December, which offers grants up to
The awardees and their respective campuses are:
* GolfLip, UW-Stout
* Healthier Youth, UW-Oshkosh
* Healthware, UW-Oshkosh
* Intelligent Composites, UW-Milwaukee
* Isopoint Technologies, UW-Milwaukee
* Mesmer, UW-
* Mobile Transit Solutions, UW-Parkside
* OptSolv, UW-Whitewater
* Refined BioProducts,
* Sleep Environment Innovations, UW-Milwaukee
Another round of stage one funding opens in October.
CC AutoTriage12bkp-140823-30VitinMar-4836884 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham