The workshop, running
"This is a very important workshop because the process of identifying community-based intangible cultural heritage is a fairly new practice which does not have a fixed form yet. It draws on different experiences and tools used in multiple research areas including participatory rural appraisal and other developmental participatory tools; receiving free, conscious prior approval by local communities on the decisions related to their future; participatory ethnographic studies, folkloric surveys; oral history studies; and spatial data management and participatory delivery," said Dr.
"The community-based identification process is part of the above-mentioned tools, encompassing individual and collective interviews and participatory maps, photos and videos that are interactive means of effectively delineating the community's elements of intangible cultural heritage and presenting them in a methodical way," added Al Humairi, reaffirming TCA Abu Dhabi's commitment to
TCA Abu Dhabi has previously organised numerous workshops in the field of identifying, collecting and documenting heritage; however, this pioneering workshop draws on the community-based identification process according to the
The current community-based identifying process represents the third topic covered by
By the end of the workshop, trainees are expected to be able to co-design and perform the processes of identifying community-based heritage, and prepare identification frameworks or develop currently applied ones using the different participatory research methods and skills. Trainees will also be able to operate documentation equipment.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan