Investors were also monitoring another flare-up in tensions between
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 25 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,014 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell three points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,990. The Nasdaq composite index rose six points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,538.
Bond prices were little changed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held at 2.41 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag