Moving away from an early 2-day low of 0.8015 against the euro, the Sterling ticked up to 0.8004.
The pound, which closed yesterday's deals at 1.5109 against the Swiss franc, edged up to 1.5121. This may be compared to an early multi-day low of 1.5099 against the franc.
The pound rose to 172.13 against the yen, from an early low of 171.91.
If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.79 against the euro, 173.42 against the yen and 1.52 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals