The Mohammed VI MusÉe National d'Art Moderne et Contemporaine is scheduled for opening on
The Mohammed VI MusÉe National d'Art Moderne et Contemporaine, which cost
In the heart of the capital city of
The museum's lack of clear concept or curating strategy gave rise to fears that it might end up being an "empty gesture to prove that
"The ministry of culture has always been very cagey about who will run the museum and how the collection will be formed," she said.
These fears were curbed when acclaimed curator
"My goal is to stage an exhibition that will serve as a model for the museum's collection and function," Rachdi said about the museum's opening show.
The first of its kind in
The museum will also feature conservation laboratories, an auditorium, an education center, a multimedia library and a cafÉ.
While construction commenced in 2004, the idea of the museum was conceived in 1999.
Abdelazzi Idrissi, an archaeologist and conservator, has been appointed its director.
Last Update: Friday,
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy