In a notice sent to the SD Concerts and
The commission said that "besides appearing onstage wearing inadequate clothing," the artist uses "language and behavior that are incitements to sex and violence."
It also said that Cyrus uses "unacceptable visuals and words, phrases with a double meaning, the justification of crime, violence and acts offensive to civility, incitement to have sex, lesbian sex, and the use of inappropriate objects in public."
All this, it said, "is an attack on personal integrity and violates the rights of children and adolescents."
The concert was to be given at
Since abandoning Disney's teen-star factory and her lovable all-American alter-ego,
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes