A 26-year+old polytechnic graduate, Shola Egunle, has been charged before an Ebute Metta Magistrate's court sitting at oyingbo for allegedly stabbing a commercial sex worker.
The defendant, who resides at 17,
He was alleged to have stabbed the commercial sex worker, joy Osasuwa, with a knife on the breast and back at 3
The defendant is facing a count charge bordering on assault proffered against him by the police.
It was said that the defendant had demanded a balance of N800 from the N100 he gave the victim for her service.
It was also said that the defendant made the demand for the balance on the ground that he did not complete the act, adding that when the vicitim refused to comply with the defendant's demand, he resorted to self help, by beating the victim severely before stabbing her on the breast and on her back with a kitchen knife he found in her apartment.
The prosecutor, inspector A. U. Moses, told the court that the offence is punishable under section 243 of the Criminal Laws of
The defendant's counsel,
Following the submission of the counsel to the defendant, Magistrate
Ogundare also ordered that sureties must show evidence of three years tax payable to Lagos State government, means of livelihood and have their addresses verified by the prosecutor. The matter was adjourned till
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say