The researchers pointed out that the same anxieties applied equally to lost or stolen laptops, tablet computers and other digital devices.
The researchers found that a few active and security-conscious users were aware of countermeasures but many users were either not aware of "time bomb" data deletion settings and remote device locks or were simply in denial of the risk of their losing their phone.
The study is published in
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan