Insurance industry stakeholders have commenced educating members of the
The sensitisation campaign commenced at the venue of the meeting of Nigeria Labour Congress Central Working Committee held in Enugu, recently.
Representatives of the
Speaking at the meeting, the Commissioner for Insurance and CEO,
He said: "Primary purpose of the relevant sections referred to is to ensure that employee dependants have succor in the event of death in the course of employment and comfort after retirement. The pension reform act 2014 is an update of the pension reform act of 2004. Whilst this act of parliament provides for the security of employees, it would remain a mirage or paper tiger unless conscious efforts are made to enlighten workers of their rights by respective labour unions to ensure that workers are not shortchanged as a result of failure of employer to comply with the provision of the act."
A synopsis of the benefits of the Group Life cover and Life Annuity was provided by the representative of the
Shoderu said the welfare of workers should continually occupy premium position in the reckoning of governments, stressing that the quality of labour was a major index in determining the advancement of countries of the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison