According to the two companies, they have conducted tests of Licensed-Assisted Access (LAA) technology, with the spectrum currently widely utilised for wireless LAN (WLAN) deployments in a number of countries.
The technology can bolster LTE-compatible spectrum to unlicensed spectrum bands, delivering complementary access for the operator s 4G network. LTE s compatible spectrum bands are licensed between the 700MHz and 2.5GHz bands in
According to the LAA laboratory tests, the technology will be able to work in the 5GHz band and have the ability to create cell capacity about 1.6 times greater than for the standard WLAN specification IEEE 802.11n.
Initially on trial basis, the company is offering two service plans, one costing
In addition, DOCOMO rival
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say