The Canadian dollar advanced against its counterparts in deals as oil prices rose ahead of official US crude oil inventory data.
Crude for October delivery rose from
Traders await the release of Federal Reserve's minutes of the
Data shows that
The loonie rebounded to 1.0935 against the greenback, after falling to a 9-day low of 1.0961. The loonie challenged resistance around the 1.085 zone.
Continuing early rally, the loonie firmed to a 5-day high of 94.45 against the Japanese yen. The pair was quoted at 94.03. If the loonie extends rise, 95.00 is seen as its next possible resistance level.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic