The Canadian dollar advanced against its counterparts in deals as oil prices rose ahead of official US crude oil inventory data.
Crude for October delivery rose from
Traders await the release of Federal Reserve's minutes of the
Data shows that
The loonie rebounded to 1.0935 against the greenback, after falling to a 9-day low of 1.0961. The loonie challenged resistance around the 1.085 zone.
Continuing early rally, the loonie firmed to a 5-day high of 94.45 against the Japanese yen. The pair was quoted at 94.03. If the loonie extends rise, 95.00 is seen as its next possible resistance level.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits