The 28-page booklet summarises the themes that AIMA has explored since 2008 as it sought to demonstrate the value of the world's hedge fund industry to investors, financial markets and the broader economy.
It includes excerpts from AIMA's key research papers, including the "Roadmap to Hedge Funds", the first guide about hedge funds to be produced collaboratively by the industry and investors; "The Cost of Compliance", a global survey of managers that revealed the significant investments they are making in order to comply with the new regulatory requirements; "Beyond 60/40", which demonstrated the different roles that hedge funds play in institutional investors' portfolios; and "Apples and Apples", an educational guide to understanding hedge fund performance.
There are also extracts from many of AIMA's white papers and articles on a range of topics including the industry's social utility, the impact of institutionalisation, shadow banking, short selling and the industry's reputation.
TNS 24HariCha-140823-30FurigayJane-4836607 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals