The University of
The U's new Discovery Capital Investment Program will offer early-stage financing to assist in the transfer of university-created technologies to the commercial market.
The new plan will see the institute investing up to
The U assisted in the launch of 15 new firms, so far this year.
Officials say they would like to keep the momentum going and have instituted new rules and a less costly program to administer that will fund eligible new enterprises.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight