The University of
The U's new Discovery Capital Investment Program will offer early-stage financing to assist in the transfer of university-created technologies to the commercial market.
The new plan will see the institute investing up to
The U assisted in the launch of 15 new firms, so far this year.
Officials say they would like to keep the momentum going and have instituted new rules and a less costly program to administer that will fund eligible new enterprises.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists