Monitor publishes NHS foundation trusts accounts data and related information for 2013/14. Armchair auditors will be able to go through all foundation trusts finances with a fine-tooth comb after Monitor, the health sector regulator, released over a million lines of financial data including staff costs, income, and private finance initiative payments. This is Monitor s most open and transparent annual data release yet.
The data is available to download for free from the regulator s website and under the Government Open Licence via data.gov.uk.
One of the aims of releasing this data is that foundation trusts will be able to compare how much they are spending relative to their peers in order to be more efficient, therefore diverting more money to patient care.
Today s data release has led to Monitor being awarded an
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say