Monitor publishes NHS foundation trusts accounts data and related information for 2013/14. Armchair auditors will be able to go through all foundation trusts finances with a fine-tooth comb after Monitor, the health sector regulator, released over a million lines of financial data including staff costs, income, and private finance initiative payments. This is Monitor s most open and transparent annual data release yet.
The data is available to download for free from the regulator s website and under the Government Open Licence via data.gov.uk.
One of the aims of releasing this data is that foundation trusts will be able to compare how much they are spending relative to their peers in order to be more efficient, therefore diverting more money to patient care.
Today s data release has led to Monitor being awarded an
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals