The purpose of this independent case study was to measure NanoMaterials' Nanolub® EP Grease Additive effectiveness when used in worm gear mechanisms.
The tests were conducted on used swinging mechanism type 9E-1B20-0719-A01, lubricated with Liton EP 2 grease formulated with 5% of NanoLub® GH-X grease additive and compared to a similar test conducted with untreated Liton EP 2 grease.
Nanolub® GH-X EP Grease Additive was shown to have a positive impact, leading to a 7.5 times decrease in teeth wear of swinging worm gear mechanism, as measured by a thickness gauge.
"Friction and wear is a major issue with all gear worm sets. That's why superb lubrication is so essential for reaching optimal performance," said Larissa Dragnai, NanoMaterials' QC& Manager. "As these tests show, NanoLub® GH-X grease additive is a perfect solution for reducing wear in gear worm mechanisms."
About NanoLub® Lubricant Additive Series:
The NanoLub® series has received the prestigious
NanoLub® operates a dual-effect mechanism: multi-layer tungsten disulfide nanospheres reduce friction and heating, thereby reducing mechanical wear. Extreme pressure conditions causes nanospheres to create a tribofilm layer that attach to surface crevices and re-smoothens them, thereby extending mechanical efficiency and apparatus life.
Tests have shown that incorporating NanoMaterials' inorganic, lubricant additives into oil and grease formulations delivers a range of performance enhancements including:
• Significant friction reduction
• Reduced wear of contacting surfaces
• Reconditioning of existing wear damage
• Enhanced energy and fuel efficiency
• Reduced operating temperature
These translate to significant cost and performance benefits such as lower energy consumption, extended effective operation of mechanisms, extended lubricant life, extended machinery life, and reduced emissions.
NanoMaterials is part of AddNano, a joint project funded by the
The Company's R&D department is involved in extensive research and testing for additional WS2 based applications in the field of lubricants, coatings and polymer composites for such industries as defense, mining and metalworking.
For more information, visit: http://www.apnano.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12104463.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays