Studies in the Area of Nanocrystals Reported from
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Here, we investigate the extension of this approach to nanocrystals with edge terminations that produce partial unit cells, and hence cannot be described by a common repeating unit cell. In this situation, the phase problem described in previous work must be reformulated."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "We demonstrate an approximate solution to this phase problem for crystals with random edge terminations."
For more information on this research see: Phasing coherently illuminated nanocrystals bounded by partial unit cells. Philosophical Transactions, 2014;369(1647):20130331 (see also Nanocrystals).
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes