Helb chief executive officer
Ringera said: "I am gratified for the support that
He added, "Partnerships with other universities in the management of their student financing programmes creates a true
He said the partnerships go a long way to lessen the burden of tuition fees for needy students in
The demand for HELB loans is very high and therefore there's need for alternative funding to meet the demand for loans towards the achievement of Vision 2030, Ringera observes.
In the last financial year, Helb disbursed a total of Sh6.8 billion to more than 150,000 students pursuing higher education in recognised universities.
Ringera said the partnership with
Speaking at the signing ceremony,
"We are not here to serve the agenda of a certain class of people but we admit all qualifying students irrespective of their social-economic status. We are proud to be associated with Helb on this as we strengthen our presence within the education sector to ease the financial burden of the less fortunate pursuing their studies in this great institution of higher learning," Odhiambo said.
He added that at Strathmore, they have positioned themselves to become the conduit of their customers' individual dreams and aspirations, "and this opportunity to help students achieve their dreams is part of our vision."
Currently, 800 needy students benefit from the
The number is bound to increase with demand for the scholarship increasing exponentially. They plan to convert this scholarship into a "Strathmore revolving fund" so that more students can benefit.
HELB's proven and tested capacity in loan disbursement and recovery will guarantee the sustainability of the Strathmore fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green