Recent upward momentum may continue to support the markets following the uptrend seen throughout much of the past two weeks.
The recent strength on
Positive sentiment may also be generated by the recent release of a report from the
Trading could be impacted by the release of another batch of US economic data not long after the open, with traders likely to keep an eye on reports on existing home sales, leading economic indicators, and
Nonetheless, trading activity may be somewhat subdued as the Kansas City Federal Reserve's economic policy symposium gets underway in
Stocks fluctuated over the course of the trading day on Wednesday before ending the session mostly higher. The Dow and the S&P 500 both finished the day in positive territory, although the tech-heavy Nasdaq posted a modest loss.
While the Dow rose 59.54 points or 0.4% to 16,979.13, the S&P 500 moved within striking distance of a new record high by climbing 4.91 points or 0.3% to 1,986.51.
On the other hand, the Nasdaq edged down 1.03 points or less than a tenth of a % to 4,526.48 after ending the previous session at a new fourteen-year closing high.
In overseas trading, stock markets across the
Meanwhile, the major European markets have all moved to the upside on the day. While the French CAC 40 Index has climbed by 0.9%, the German
In commodities trading, crude oil futures are sliding
Among currencies, the US dollar is trading at
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'