New research released yesterday by
The survey found that the smartphone is fast replacing the traditional postcard, with 64% of respondents saying they use it to text friends and another 32% to
Planning a holiday is, nearly, half the fun - (45%) of all travellers say it is the best part of a holiday and more than a third (37%) spend over a day researching a holiday.
The survey also uncovered that 42% of travellers check social media every day while on holiday, with 25% of them even saying they always check Facebook before going to sleep. Taking selfies is also increasingly becoming one of the most popular ways to share holiday experiences, with 25% of travellers surveyed saying they use their smartphones for holiday selfies.
Top 10 uses
- Checking work emails - 68%
- Navigation / Maps - 67%
- Texting - 64%
- Taking holiday photos - 51%
- Making calls - 42%
- Snapping pictures of meals - 35%
- Updating Facebook / Twitter - 32%
- Skyping friends/family - 32%
- Playing games - 27%
- Taking selfies - 25%As part of the global survey, it has launched a digital hub at www.ihg.com/rewardingexperiences that highlights the experiences available to over 80 million members worldwide - from a cultural experience at some of the world's most famous museums, to a special family celebration or a once in-a-lifetime relaxing spa experience. It includes reviews from members and global travellers from all around the world.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison