Iranian woman getsCOMEST membership
Science & Technology Desk
Professor Azam Irajizad has become a member of the
She got her BS in Physics from
Irajizad received her MS and PhD in physics from
Her research interests are as follows:
- Thin films deposition and characterization, andelectrical, magnetic and optical properties of thin films,
- Surface investigation using techniques like Auger, XPS electron spectroscopies, and low electron energy diffraction,
- Surface roughness study using atomic force microscopy and optical methods,
- Study and fabrication of gas sensors and biosensors based on metal oxides, porous silicon, carbon nanotubes and graphene,
- Fabrication of solar cells based on CdS/CdTe, dye sensitive TiO2 layers, nanostructured solid state solar cells, and
- Nanoparticles formation using various methods, including pulse laser ablation, arc discharge, Sol Gel and CVD.
Irajizad has published more than 120 papers in international journals and about 20 in national journals.
She also presented more than 200 papers in national and international conferences and workshops related to physics and nanoscience.
COMEST is an advisory body of reflection set up by
Chaired by Rajaona Andriamananjara, the commission comprises 18 leading scholars from scientific, legal, philosophical, cultural and political disciplines from various regions of the world. They are appointed by the
The commission is mandated to formulate ethical principles that could provide decision-makers with criteria that extend beyond purely economic considerations.
COMEST works in several areas: environmental ethics, with reference to climate change, biodiversity, water and disaster prevention; ethics of nanotechnologies along with related new and emerging issues in converging technologies; ethical issues related to information technology; and gender issues in the ethics of science and technology
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Toyota Camry: Designed in Michigan
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market on Track for Best Week in 2 Years