The project, whose planning is underway, is in Elgeyo Marakwet county.
KVDA chief executive officer David Kimosop received the envoy.
The project is expected to increase electricity supply in the country.
Governor Alex Tolgos said it will create jobs for residents.
The project is located in the Marakwet area on the
An irrigation project is expected to be set up near the area.
"We are working on the finer details and our experts have received a report on the project. They are assessing it before signing the contract ," Varma said in Eldoret on Saturday.
Kimosop said experts have worked on most of the technical details of the project.
"As KVDA, we are ready to implement the project as soon as we agree with the financiers on the remaining details," he said.
It will cover more than 10,000 hectares in Turkana and Pokot counties.
Kimosop said they will involve residents in all stages of the project to avert possible conflict.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry