Looks like a bracelet, charges like a charger. Photo: Q Designs
There's no cell phone owner who doesn't understand intimately the special agony of watching their device drain and then... die. It's a universal. Most people have a plan B: Use a Mophie juice pack, bring along a charger and pray for an outlet — or this reporter's favorite, hang out in a bar for an hour and use the bartender's charger. There's always one behind the counter.
A new startup called Q Designs is hoping to make juicing on the go a bit more convenient than that. Today it's launching pre-orders for its first product, a sleek bracelet that conceals enough rechargeable lithium-ion battery to give your phone a 60 percent charge. The bangle, available for both Android and iOS devices, unhooks to reveal the connector.
We took a look at one of the prototypes a few weeks ago, and it's really, truly not bad-looking. It comes in black, silver and gold, the last of which co-founders
It's also not terribly expensive. Pre-orders run at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season