Data from the
Exports grew only 0.2% in July from June, when it surged 6%. Meanwhile, imports plunged 10.2%, reversing the 10.8% increase in June.
Traders look ahead to Fed Chair
While some members made the case for a "relatively prompt" rate hike based on the economy's progress, most Fed officials are of the view that the central bank should be patient before hiking rates, the Fed minutes released yesterday showed.
The franc recovered to 0.9126 against the greenback, after falling to a 7-month low of 0.9145 in prior deals. The pair was worth 0.9092 when it closed deals yesterday.
Rebounding from an early 2-day low of 1.2115 against the euro, the franc edged up to 1.2105. The franc is likely to find resistance around the 1.205 area.
The franc advanced to 1.5134 against the pound, following a decline to 1.5166 at
The franc hovered at more than a 5-week high of 113.69 against the yen. On the upside, 114.6 is seen as the next possible resistance level for the franc-yen pair.
Eurozone flash consumer confidence index for August is to be released at
The US weekly jobless claims for the week ended
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say