Data from the
Exports grew only 0.2% in July from June, when it surged 6%. Meanwhile, imports plunged 10.2%, reversing the 10.8% increase in June.
Traders look ahead to Fed Chair
While some members made the case for a "relatively prompt" rate hike based on the economy's progress, most Fed officials are of the view that the central bank should be patient before hiking rates, the Fed minutes released yesterday showed.
The franc recovered to 0.9126 against the greenback, after falling to a 7-month low of 0.9145 in prior deals. The pair was worth 0.9092 when it closed deals yesterday.
Rebounding from an early 2-day low of 1.2115 against the euro, the franc edged up to 1.2105. The franc is likely to find resistance around the 1.205 area.
The franc advanced to 1.5134 against the pound, following a decline to 1.5166 at
The franc hovered at more than a 5-week high of 113.69 against the yen. On the upside, 114.6 is seen as the next possible resistance level for the franc-yen pair.
Eurozone flash consumer confidence index for August is to be released at
The US weekly jobless claims for the week ended
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low